Applying for Annual Faculty Awards
Applications for funding for the 2017-18 academic year are due by 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday, December 5, 2016.
- Please review all eligibility and application process information before proceeding.
- Applicants will be notified of their award status in early February.
Tips for crafting a strong proposal
Crafting a strong proposal is a key step in winning an Imagine Fund Annual Award. The Imagine Fund Advisory Committee must review hundreds of proposals, most of which involve research outside each committee member’s area of expertise. Here are a few tips to help you craft a proposal so that it can be evaluated quickly, accurately, and fairly.
- Be sure to write for a non-specialist. Keep your application’s purpose clear and simple.
- Your budget matters. Be sure you have thought through all your budget items. The budget should be detailed and realistic. Include justification or rationale for any budget items where need is not self-evident. If including travel in your budget, be specific and use the University per diem rate.
- Do not include your name or links to sources that clearly identify you in the body of your proposal. (Titles of publications, however, are appropriate.)
- Be both innovative and consistent with the aims of the Imagine Fund. Keep in mind that the Imagine Fund supports arts, design, and the humanities. So, if your project relies on methods that are quantitative, ethnographic, or experimental, be sure to specify how the project furthers work in the arts, design, and humanities.
- Review the Example Proposals page to see examples of successful, well-crafted proposals.
- Given the length limitations for each question, it may help to prepare your answers in advance of visiting the application page. Your prepared responses may be copied and pasted into the application form. The application questions and length limits are listed on the main Annual Awards page and at the beginning of the application form.
- Applications must be submitted on or before 11:59 p.m. Central Time on the published deadline date.
- For questions on awards policy, timelines, or application procedures, contact Emily Ronning in the Provost's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For technical assistance or if you are having trouble with the web-based application, contact Charlot Meyer at email@example.com.